IST volunteers must meet the following membership criteria:
- 21 years of age or older (due the sensitive information we work with).
- Approval as an emergency worker by the King County Sheriff’s Office, including:
- Ability to complete required training within one year, as detailed on the training page:
- Washington State Search and Rescue Core Competency Support Responder Certification
- Unit Incident Command System Training Requirements
- Ability to obtain an FCC Amateur Radio Technician License within two years.
On an ongoing basis, members are required annually to respond to four missions and attend four unit meetings.